Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)- the study, evaluation and
control of indoor air as related to the quality of temperature, humidity, odor, and
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) has received considerable
attention in recent years. No week goes by without seeing something in the paper or on the
"news-at-eleven". The reasons for this increased interest and awareness include:
- Tighter building construction for energy conservation.
- Low levels of outdoor air provided to building interiors.
- New building and construction materials: insulation, glues,
fabrics, particle boards, fibrous glass.
- Large percentages of time spent indoors (e.g., 90%).
- Increased public awareness, education, and expectations.